Today I was working from home and I got a craving for a salty/crunchy snack. So I wandered into the kitchen and made this:
Toasted Sesame Popcorn
2 Tbsp sesame oil or coconut oil
1/3 cup popcorn kernels
gomasio (sesame seeds and sea salt)
1. In a medium saucepan, warm the oil over medium heat.
2. Add the popcorn, cover and give it a shake to spread it around. Increase the heat to medium high.
3. While you do the dishes you were putting off from breakfast, listen to be sure the popcorn pops. When it starts to slow down (with a second or 2 between pops) take it off the burner.
4. Add a drizzle more toasted sesame oil and sprinkle with gomasio (I like the seaweed kind for the added minerals) then put the cover back on and shake it up.
* salt and pepper
* cajun spices
* cinnamon and a bit of agave
* mix in some dark chocolate chips
2 years ago