Thursday, February 11, 2010

Spain Day #2

"I may take a holiday in Spain
Leave my wings behind me
Drink my worries down the drain
And fly away to somewhere new
Hop on my choo-choo
I'll be your engine driver in a bunny suit
If you dress me up in pink and white" - Counting Crows, Holiday in Spain

First let me say, sitting in an outdoor hot tub while looking over olive groves and mountains has to be one of the greatest things I've done in a while... and I do some pretty awesome stuff. This place is breathtakingly beautiful.

Today we did an incredible 4-5 hour ride. The ride was a new addition for this year. I'm sitting here with pro roadie, Dylan (aka Chupar), and he just "well I definitely got a hard workout in today, that climb was tough!" It really was perfect because I was able to complete it, while faster guys were impressed with it.

Today was awesome because:

*We started the ride with some local peeps.
*We did about 7,000 ft of climbing with fast and exciting technical descents.
*We stopped for a cafe con leche near the top of a mountain.
*There were varying degrees of temperature because of the change in altitude, which was a totally new (and awesome) experience for me.
*We ran into goat rush hour and had to slow down to get through the goat traffic jam.
*We had about 17 people riding in our group, including several pros, ironmen, and about 5 people training for IMLP 2010.
*The support team definitely gets an A+. Everything that we could possibly need was there for us, even before we knew we needed it. We even have massage, woah.

By the way, I was thrilled to see that Spain has the same type of cactus as Texas (because I love TX). John said that he had it imported and planted there for me for Valentine's Day. I'm such a lucky girl ;)

2 comments:

Austin said...

so jealous :D

@Bobsonsir said...

I'm going to die. I shouldn't be looking at bike gear online.. I should be looking at coffins (actually, having given this some thought - I'd like to be cremated).

It'll be fun.. I'm convincing myself. Besides.. as Graham says "What's the point in living long? what you gonna do with your life?"