And our third #i8this photo contest winner is @gardenTRI with his Watermelon Gazpacho. I bet its the perfect dish for a super hot day and I can't wait to try it!
- 6-8 cups of thickly cut, seed free watermelon
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, finely diced (green or yellow will work, do not use red)
- ¼ cup Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 TBSP Chile Infused Olive Oil ( or regular olive oil and a healthy pinch of red pepper flakes)
- Bunch of flat leaf parsley, for garnish finely diced (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1 – Place watermelon, ½ of the cucumber, ½ of the bell pepper, oil and vinegar in a large bowl.
2 – Put 2-3 cups of the mixture at a time in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
3 – Once everything has been pureed, stir in remaining cucumber and bell pepper and correct salt and pepper.
4 – If your texture is more like a paste than a soup stir in 2 TBSP of Bragg’s Cider Vinegar at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
Chill for at least 2 hours to let the flavors combine and enjoy! No need for any crunchy garnish, the bell pepper takes care of that.