Sunday, July 3, 2011

#i8this Summer Eating - Winner #1!

Lots of people chimed in for the #i8this challenge yesterday. I love going through all the photos because I get ideas for new things I can't wait to cook! Its also pretty cool to see which foods are trending. Yesterday everyone was using avocados!

Druuuuuum rooooollllll...

And yesterday's photo contest winner is @anniezanolli with her simple and pretty and delicious looking Herb Salad with Grilled Tofu:


Annie's Grilled Tofu Salad

Jimmy wanted burgers last night, so I threw this salad together from what I had in the fridge and pantry.

Mixed greens w/ dill and cilantro
Canned artichoke hearts
Canned chickpeas
Black Olives
Avocado
Extra firm tofu - I used italian herb flavor
Tessemae's Lemon-Garlic Dressing (http://www.tessemaes.com/) - or olive oil, lemon juice and a little crushed garlic

Press the tofu to remove as much liquid as possible. Lightly coat with oil then throw it on a hot grill. Grill ~ 5 min per side (don't move it around much so you get nice grill marks!).

Put it all in a pretty bowl, top with salad dressing and enjoy!

*****

I also have to share another awesome food photo from yesterday, Vegan Rustic Pizza by @selil:

No comments: