|Served with Sesame Kale and baked yam|
I make this dish a million times a week and always post photos. I've also used this recipe in several cooking classes BUT I've never released the secret recipe publicly, UNTIL NOW.
Peanut Ginger Baked Tofu
1 package of extra firm tofu, cut into 4 or 5 ‘steaks’
¼ cup peanut butter (or almond butter)
2 teaspoon maple syrup
2 Tbsp umeboshi plum vinegar
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1-2 teaspoons hot pepper oil or paste
1/3 cup water (or more for consistency)
|The secret ingredients|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place tofu ‘steaks’ flat down in pan, leaving ¼ to ½ inch between them. Put aside.
- Put all of the other ingredients in a small pan on a low heat.
- Using a whisk, mix the ingredients until they are smooth.
- Pour evenly over the tofu and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through.
|Make sure you flex your biceps when you serve this dish|
Yes, it is that simple.