Friday, May 22, 2009

Days 7, 8, 9: HolisticGuru is no longer dirty (not that I ever was)


The pic is the one I took for the Triathletes Coffee Shop website. Mango requested that listeners send in photos of themselves with their coffee. I took this one yesterday. It's artsy and speaks to the holistic side of my being. The title is "This is my relationship with coffee, what's yours?" :) Please be sure to send your photo to Mango at: mangorunner@gmail.com

The last few days of my cleanse were uneventful. Actually, my diet of veggies, whole grains and vegetarian protein was pretty close to my usual diet. The only difference was that I wasn't making any exceptions for the "unclean" foods: coffee, alcohol, sugar, milk, meat, chemicalized and artificialized junk foods. Normally some of these things have a place in my diet in moderation.

I did have a tiny "cheat" on the 7th and 8th day. I baked cookies for a friend's birthday and I ate some (a lot) of them. They were my healthy chocolate chip oatmeal cookies though, so they were still pretty clean :)

Now that I'm done, I'm going to get my first coffee in 9 days. I'm going to sit there and drink it and enjoy it. It's gonna taste and feel good. My favorite benefit to cleansing is that it resets your appreciation for your indulgences.

1 comment:

Ski Dad said...

So you cheated on day 7? That explains why you were a bit sluggish at the beginning of our ride on Saturday