Before the party
- Get your workout in, even if it’s a short one.
- Create a plan. If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Give a little thought as to what you will eat and in what quantity.
- Think about how you will turn down offers for food and drink that you would prefer not to eat in the interest of your health. Of course you will indulge a little, but what about the treats that aren’t worth it? How often do you eat things to avoid hurting someone’s feelings? You don’t have to eat things to make other people feel good, especially when you will feel worse for it later. You can say that you're too full or that you're saving room for something else.
- Prepare a healthy version of a traditional dish to bring to the party. People will appreciate it and you'll have something to fill up or fall back on.
- Don’t starve yourself! One of the worst mistakes that people make is saving their appetite for the big meal. Have a light snack before you head out.
Check in for more tomorrow!
2 years ago