Tuesday, March 15, 2011

SLB Recipe #1: Citrus Baked Halibut

I've decided to share a few of the recipes I prepared for SLB (www.stronglikebulltraining) while I was there as the wonderful, and magnificent, and talented, healthy chef. In a future post, I will also reveal my BEAUTIFUL spanish apron. I'm not sure if it was the polka dotted apron or my cooking, but the food at SLB was a big hit. I can't wait to cook again next year (in my new apron, which is super-awesome, but you'll just have to wait and see).

Citrus Baked Halibut

1 lb fresh halibut (or some other white fish)
2 tbsp olive oil
1/3 cup onion, chopped
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 tsp grated orange peel
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 cup orange juice

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Rinse fish and pat dry with paper towel. Cut into 4 servings (or so). Arrange them in a baking dish. Or arrange them in those cool, one-piece fish dish thingies which are very impressive looking.

3. In a mixing bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients. Then, spoon the mixture evenly over the fish.

4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

(Adapted from a recipe in Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book)

* Serve with brown rice pilaf or roasted red potatoes and steamed broccoli or sauteed asparagus.

* If you don't feel like making this yourself, just come to Strong Like Bull in Feb 2012. Or just come anyway, so you can get fit and fast: www.stronglikebulltraining.com (but don't dally because you might be sad when everyone else is training in the sun and eating my cooking next Feb and you're sitting at home on your trainer, eating a bowl of cereal).

(Photo: John and I found some cool graffiti in Granada and I thought this one looked just like him. I'm not sure what it says, it might be something terrible, I have no idea so don't blame me)
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: