2 years ago
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
White Chili: Go Fix It
Drop what you're doing and go to the store and buy:
2 garlic cloves
2 cans cannelini beans
Chipotle chili powder (or reg chili powder but chipotle rules)
14-16 oz of broth (veg or chicken)
Sour cream (optional)
Shredded cheddar (optional)
Now go home.
Walk in the door and drop your things (not the groceries) one at a time to form a trail to the kitchen (bc that's what you menfolk do).
1. In a soup pot, chop then saute the onion in olive oil.
2. Chop and add the garlic.
3. Add 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp chili powder. Mix it about. Just for a minute.
4. Drain your beans and add them to the pot, also add your broth.
5. Rip about 1 cup of the baby spinach into even smaller pieces. Be fierce. Drop that in there.
6. Stir. Bring to a boil, then simmer.
7. Go kiss your wife.
8. After 30 minutes, with occasional stirring, it is ready.
Serve with a scoop of sour cream and a sprinkle of cheese if you're not vegan today.
Thank me later. Fo rizzzzzle.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile