Saturday, August 28, 2010

Good As New!

Great news! I went to the doctor yesterday and he is says my hand is ready for my cast to come off. Finally I'll be able to do dishes and type and put my hair in a ponytail. I'm thrilled, but it gets even better than that...

I'm racing the HIM at Rev3 Cedar Point! I got back on my trainer last week and had to dust my bike off. Like, for real. I've been running all along but I haven't been swimming and have only been on my bike once since IMLP. My coach/ best boyfriend in the world, John says I can take the next several days as a mini training camp and I'll be all set. He also says I'll get some post IM strength that will be timed perfectly with the race. So I kicked it off with a long run with John last night.

I'll admit, it has been hard to be away from my training for the past few weeks. It was a reminder of how important exercise is to keep me feeling grounded. I'm beside myself with excitement and gratitude that I can jump back in.

Also, I'm even more excited that I'll run through the finish line and, without stopping, continue running back out to the course to cheer for John and watch him finish the full. He's killing it this season and I know he's gonna have another great race. And I get to race and spectate. Its perfect!

(Pic: Me after an awesome group run with Team Continuum)
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: