Thursday, August 12, 2010

Broken

(Pic: My cast looks pretty with my skirt and prettier with the skull rug)

So yeah, I finally did my first ironman. As soon as I finished I was starving for the next one. I'm a tough little cookie. I train my ass off. Once I crashed my bike pretty badly and then got up as quickly as possible so that I wouldn't waste my time to flirt with the firemen who came to my rescue (Anna - mmmmm firemen). But apparently I'm not invincible becauser after ironman I came home, unpacked, and did the laundry. THE LAUNDRY. On my way down the stairs, with 2 huge bags of smelly triathlon clothing, I tripped and fell. I broke my right hand. Are you kidding me?! Ugh.

That is the last time I do anything as dangerous as LAUNDRY.

So here I am, in a splint - which is a half cast held on by an ace bandage. At least I can take it off to shower. The bad news is that I have to be disciplined about wearing it all the time. I can't type or use a knife. I can't do the dishes. I'm useless. At least I can still talk on the phone so business isn't entirely put aside.

That said, I'm very positive about this. Imagine if it happened before IMLP? All I can do is laugh at my own crazy clumsiness.

I need to be kept in a bubble.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

4 comments:

Caratunk Girl said...

SUCKS about your hand. Really, you need to stop doing laundry.

Congrats on IMLP, I was there as a volunteer and will be doing the race next year!

justme said...

housework is dangerous ....i refuse to do

HolisticGuru said...

@Caratunk Girl Maybe I'll see you next year at IMLP! I'm so excited for you :)

@trifitmom You're smart. I tend to live on the edge so even if I say I won't do laundry again, I'll succumb to peer pressure and end up doing it anyway.

@Jamie Do you know where I can get a bubble? Or do you think a sumo suit would be enough?

Anonymous said...

Wow i know Laundry was bad for you. COngrats on your Ironman! It is crazy to think you went through all that then broke your hand doing Laundry. At first i thought you had got so bad a## that you had punched someone out for getting in your way or you had taken up base jumping or something cas your BAD A$$

Milkthecowbaby Triathlon