Friday, May 14, 2010

Moo Shu Vegetarian

(I was too hungry to mess with lighting for this pic)

This week I got cabbage in my Urban Organic delivery. It's definitely one of the vegetables that I like (well enough) but I never think to make. I also usually end up going back to my Irish roots and make a boiled dinner with it. This time I decided to branch out and try something new. I adapted this recipe from one that I found on MyRecipes.com. Their recipe is here, though I changed almost everything :)

Moo Shu Vegetarian


1/4 cup water
3 tsp toasted sesame oil
6 eggs, beaten
1 Tbsp grated ginger
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 small head of thinly sliced green cabbage
1/2 thinly sliced red bell pepper
2 carrots, sliced thin
1/2 cup diagonally sliced green onion
3 Tbsp rice vinegar
3 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce
3 Tbsp hoisin sauce

serve with brown rice or Chinese pancakes

1. Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a wok or large saute pan. Add eggs and scramble for 2 minutes then remove eggs onto a separate dish.
2. Add the rest of the oil to the pan, then add the vegetables (cabbage, bell pepper, carrots) and saute until tender. Add the water, cover the pan and steam on low for 3 minutes.
3. Uncover and add the green onions, rice vinegar, tamari and hoisin sauce. Stir fry to combine and mix well.

Enjoy!


And the picture below is my gorgeous doggie. She could be a model, I really believe that. She's the prettiest girl I know.

No comments: