Again with the shownotes. I'm so good to you.
Zen and the Art of Triathlon podcast - Eating Mindfully
Click here to get to the show.
8 Tips for Eating Mindfully:
1. Set the mood for meal prep AND eating (candles, music)
2. Chew your food (start by practicing with 1 meal per day)
3. Limit distractions
4. Use all of your senses
5. Avoid stressors
6. Don't stand or walk while eating ("drive thru eating")
7. Eat like your life depends on it by making meal time a quality time
8. Even one meal a day of eating mindfully will make a big difference
Action Steps: (how to begin)
1. Ask yourself and identify where you're at with mindful eating and where you're starting from. You can do this by journaling, blogging, talking to someone, or even just really thinking about it.
2. Choose one thing to try and start tomorrow (or today) and add one more each day as a focus. Add the next one even if you haven't yet mastered the previous. This will give you a taste of how great mindful eating can feel.
There's so much more info in the show. You NEED to listen to it.
2 years ago